Monday, March 24, 2008

it is cold

as some of you already know, I am moving to toronto soon to start a job.

it is incomprehensible to me and maybe to some of you that I will be working for one of the biggest company in the world, GE. I had always thought I would stay at one university or another doing whatever, and not have to grow up. I don't want to admit that I have changed, I am going to tell you that I am making this decision based on circumstances (good and bad).

I was there last week trying to find an apartment. it is almost april, and there are snow banks at least half meter tall (yes, you read it right, metric) still everywhere. And on saturday, it was -6 celsius. I was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt, a sweater, a sweatshirt, and a wool coat, but I was still fucking freezing. I really don't want to buy one of those puffy walking sleeping bag people wear in really cold places, hopefully it will be warm enough in a couple weeks when I actually move there.

all this is happening a little too fast now, even though I had decided more than a month ago.

As some of my friends have told me, "canadians are nice people (although they talk funny), I don't think they are ready for you or what comes out of your mouth". Well, ready or not, here I come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You go get 'em!