Wednesday, April 04, 2007

you have to work for it

I think a lot of young people nowadays have this what I call 'entitlement complex'. They grow up in relative comfort in the upper middle class, everything was provided for them from the day they were born, especially if they were the only child. But what happens when they leave home, or better yet, graduate from college and go into the world where the reality (unless you are super rich, then there is no reality, but lets keep the discussion here to normal people) is that nothing comes free. The next meal, the clean laundry, the job promotion, or the research data are not just going to appear magically. It is not ones right to have everything or anything; if you want it, if you want it bad enough, you have to work and figure out a way to get it.

I hurt my neck sleeping last night, hence the grumbling like I am an old man.

No comments: