Saturday, October 15, 2005

heartburn

I have been in minnesota attending a conference for the last couple of days. It is the second time I am here, but it still amazes how white this place is. I went to a few bars last night, I swear, I was the only non-white person in each of those places, just weird.

Across the street from the hotel we are staying at, there is a little chinese place that opens late. So for the last couple of nights, after lots of drinking, I went there for some late night snack. On the menu, under appetizer, there was "chicken wings (8) $3.95. Now, I really didn't know what to expect, chicken wings from a chinese place. But last week, the columbian mother fucker took me to a chicken wings place in san francisco, and they were out of chicken wings (one of the biggest disappointed of the year). Needless to say, I had craving for some chicken wings. So with my impaired judgement, I ordered some. They turned out to be fried chicken wings, with a light breading on the outside, and they were pretty fucking good. So I ate them in like 38 seconds, watched sports center, went to bed.

In the middle of the night, I woke up with the fucking heartburn from hell, it totally sucked. This had never happened before. So now I have to ask myself, is fried chicken, now matter how good it may be, worth the price, right before bed time? Since I did the exactly same thing two nights in the row now, I guess the answer is yes. Good fried chicken is always worth it, any time, any place, even right before bed time, in minnesota.

(I hope the answer stay the same ten years from now, it probably won't though)

No comments: