Tuesday, May 17, 2011

spend vs save

my wage is very modest, but for the past couple of years, after giving some to the parents, and the essentials, I had a bit left in the pocket. I have been using a large portion that cash for vacations, frivolous stuff I don't really need, etc. But the question of how much I should save and how much I should spend is constantly on my mind.

No one in their 30s can expect social security to be of any help by their retirement, so saving for future financial security is important. But I also see nothing really wrong with the logic of having a good time before the body is ravaged by diseases and old age.

There is always a good balance I guess, and this internal struggle will unlikely to stop. Only if I make a little more money .... maybe I will buy a lottery ticket today.

No comments: