Sunday, February 18, 2007

happy chinese new year

my favorite time of the year, when I was a kid, by far. it is a holiday all about excess, eat, drink, gamble, fire works, fight with your family, oh yeah. my grandmother use to make this braised pork belly with dried bamboo shoot that was probably the best pork dish I ever had. sadly, non of my relatives know exactly how she did it. Attempts to recreate it has not been successful at all. I think I am going to hit my head against the wall now, so I will pass-out and stop thinking about grandma, and the pork.

chinese new year is actually sort of like christmas, but skip the presents, people just give kids cash in red envelope instead. And it is not a holiday associate with some dead guy's birthday. did I say it was my favorite time of the year.

No comments: