Monday, January 09, 2006

Turduken




I am going to revisit things that happened during the holidays, you might think it is stupid, since it is january. But this is my blog, and I don't really give a fuck. And acutally, I don't really give a fuck about the holiday either, but it does get people together to do two of the things I like to do a lot: eating and drinking.

The week leading up to christmas was just crazy, I was out every night. Had a couple really good meals with good wines at restaurant I can't really afford. Drinking way too much. All these indulgence reached a climax on Sunday (christmas day, if anyone still remember), when my friend russ invited us to his new home for a potluck, which he promised to produce 'turduken' from scratch. By now, most american know what a turduken is. It is a turkey stuffed with a duck, and then the duck itself is also stuffed with a chicken. It almost sounded physically impossible, but if you carefully debone all three birds, it can be done. (Doesn't it seem like americans are always finding new ways to kill themselves, or at the very least, make themselves grossly obese?)

Well, to celebrate the occasion, and keeping up with the bird theme, I made a pate with a whole lobe of foie gras, just in case there were not enough fat and cholesterol at this party. The turduken turned out to be a huge success, most of us may have been too drunk to really enjoyed it (I was, at least), but from what I gathered, it was really fucking good. I didn't even stay for desert, if I had, I probably would have missed my flight to taiwan.

No comments: