Monday, March 16, 2009

food chain


I like to eat cephalopods, squid, octopus, cuttlefish and I eat them often, probably once a week. when not fucked up, they give a nice taste of the sea as well as anything else that once lived there, sweet, salty, tender.

I buy squid all the time in chinatown here, they are fresh and cheap, but usually you have to clean them your self. like everything else, once you get use to them, it is a pretty easy task. more than a few times now, I have been finding little surprises inside the squids I cleaned (the jew in me said, did I just pay more for the shit because of what was in the squid's belly?). for us who live in the city, it is not often we get up close to the nature in its full color like this.

I am not sure what I am trying to say, just want to say something about this.

No comments: